Wednesday 2 April 2008

Day 12 - OK I Slipped a Bit!!!

Hey Blogers - its Day 12 of my book buying ban - and I've done ok - alright I slipped once - one of the best blogs on the web is Jason Fisher's blog Lingwe - Musings of a fish (Lingwe being the Elvish/Quenya word for fish) - and saw a new book on the Inklings including a chapter by him. I just finished (yes from my pile!!) The Cosmic Triology by C.S. Lewis and am about to start on Charles William's The War in Heaven - so I have been trying to read up on The Inklings. This book Truths Breathed Through Silver: The Inklings' Moral and Mythopoeic Legacy. So I slipped (but a great way to slip) but am back on the wagon now.

Most of my time has been spent working on promoting an exciting new production coming in May at The Hackney Empire - James Sherman's romantic comedy Beau Jest - a hit on off broadway in New York which is coming to the UK for the first time. Its got a great cast and being directed by The Hackney Empire director of our hit holiday panto's Susie McKenna. Its set in Chicago of the 80's and its been quite fun revisiting some of those great movies of the 80's llike You've Got Mail, Dirty Dancing, Sleepless in Seattle, etc. Its got a great fun story (like a good Friends episode) and the marketing photo shoot was interesting - we used two of our principles and then needed to improvise a third person in the form of hand with a ring (guess who's hand?). Will keep me busy getting tickets sold over the next couple of weeks.

Some blogs coming on Eldila, Sorns and Hnau in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

Jason Fisher said...

Sorry to have tempted you, but I think it will have been worth it! ;)

Blog Archive